Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Rabitrup Interview



1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the recording and release of the new ep?

Nothing much, just a lot of promo. Going to start booking some shows soon hopefully.

2.Recently you have released a new ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

It’s pretty similar to my last EP, kind of industrial sludge metal stuff. The main difference in this one is it has a lot of break core inspiration, so a lot more spastic and glitchy drums.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?

They’re mostly about me being tired of dealing with anxiety hah, whether wishing it would go away or reminiscing on when I was younger and didn’t have it.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Rabitrup'?

It’s a terrible name that nobody can pronounce, but it’s supposed to be pronounced Rabbit Troop. It comes from one of my favorite shows as a teenager, Home Movies. They go to film school camp and their group name is Rabbit Troop. They’re pretty bad so all the other kids keep shouting “Rabbit Troop sucks!” at them.

5.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to using any vocals in the future?

I’d love to and have reached out to some people, just not all that successful yet. I really want to collab with Julie Christmas on a track or EP or something.

6.What are some of the best shows that you have done so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?

I’ve only done 2, but the first one was probably the best hah. My stage presence at the moment ain’t great, I just get real into it so kinda bent over screaming my heart out. Not that exciting to watch I don’t think. I’m working on it, though.

7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new ep?

Not yet but trying to make it happen.

8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

Not right now. I’m planning on doing a full length for my next project, will probably send that out to labels. I sent this EP to a couple, but really I’m not sure where it fits so hard to find labels to send to.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of industrial, noise and extreme metal?

I get some great feedback, it’s awesome. Granted my audience is pretty small, so who knows how liked it’d be if thousands of people listened to it hah.

10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?

Hopefully by 2019. I’m just really impatient and have a hard time waiting to finish a full length. Once I have a few tracks done I can’t resist just putting it out as an EP. I’d like to do a full length tho, and maybe get some collabs going for it. Other vocalists and producers and stuff would be fun.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Growing up it was mathcore and screamo/skramz, then breakcore. Bands like Battle of Mice and Admiral Angry got me wanting to do the kind of sludgy sound tho. Nowadays I still listen to all that but also a ton of modern soundcloud rap and electronic music. Anything that gets the adrenaline goin.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

Attempting to write horror, sometimes game development, being terrible at Overwatch. I on and off try animation but it is so much work and I can’t seem to stick to it long enough to get good at it.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

EP on all major streaming platforms now so check it out. And follow me on twitter @rabitrup ‘cause I get bored and need more twitter friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment